Pass It On Introduction
“Pass It On” is a full curriculum supported by three award winning videos. The organ donation education curriculum was developed by education/healthcare professionals for inclusion in school curricula, youth programs, church groups, and drivers’ education courses throughout the state of Texas. Age appropriate versions of “Pass It On” are available for children in grades 9-12 as well as adults.
The “Pass It On” curriculum enables youth to examine issues related to organ and tissue donation and transplantation and share this knowledge with family and friends so that informed decisions about donation can be made.
The award winning videos developed to support the “Pass It On” organ donation education curriculum are available free of charge. View the teasers and descriptions to decide which video addresses your educational needs and call 972-762-1505 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to order the DVDs.
- Teacher Overview
- Teacher Checklist
- Lisa’s Story
- Project Overview
- 3 Key Lesson Plans
- Supplemental Resources
- Activities and Worksheets
- Video Discussion Guides to accompany the “Pass It On” DVDs
- Program Evaluation
The Lisa Landry Childress Foundation’s full organ donation education curriculum is designed to pass on key concepts. Students will be able to examine issues related to organ and tissue donation and share this knowledge.
“Pass It On” Goals and Objectives
- To present accurate information and identify the purpose of donation and transplantation
- To help students understand the process involved in becoming a donor
- Identify organs and tissues that can be donated and review the functions of organs in the body
- Encourage discussing wishes regarding donation with one’s family
- “Pass It On” for scouts consists of an easy-to-use leader’s guide and an award-winning video. It enables scouts to meet the requirements for the Donor Awareness Patch. You may choose one of two age appropriate videos.
- The “Pass It On I” DVD is best suited for Junior Girl Scouts (ages 9-11).
- The “Pass It On II” DVD is best suited for Cadette, Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts (ages 12-18).
- Completion of “Pass It On” will enable scouts to meet the requirements for the Donor Awareness Patch.
- Scouts and leaders, call the Lisa Landry Childress Foundation office at (972) 762-1505 to order “Pass It On”!